Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I've Been a Busy Bee

I got another quilt top completed.  Yipee!  This is a Block of the Month project I started last November and I got it completed yesterday.  This project is from Keepsake Cottage in Bothell, WA (one of my most favorite stores in the world!).  



The pattern is called Berries and Bluebirds by Gail Pan and here is a photo of her quilt.


But I much prefer the bright colors that Keepsake Cottage chose for this Block of the Month.  Here are a few close up pictures of the quilt top.

I

I have not yet decided on a name for this quilt but I will be basting it tomorrow and will most probably be quilting it myself.  I have another completed quilt top to machine quilt so it will probably take 2-3 months before I get to sew the binding on.

And since I'm on my "brights phase", check out these fabrics I bought.  I just love fabric with rose prints.  I can't wait to show you what I've done with them.  



I've been on a creative roll, so I also made this huge paper flower for my wall.  I purchased some sheet music from an antique store for 10 cents a piece and got this done in about an hour.


Here it is on my wall with another flower made from encyclopedia pages.  Which one do you prefer?


And finally, I've got to show you this cute little trash can I got for $1.50!!!


How cute is that?  Till next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Gigi you HAVE been a busy bee and the block of the month top is so you, well done!
    And I had no idea you were into crafts. The flowers are adorable, you'll have to teach us how they're done. I love the sheet music one the best and always enjoy a bargain.....
    Thanks for the inspirations,
    Soley

    ReplyDelete